Monday, May 9, 2011

Layette a New Annie's Clothesline Product

Expectant mothers of baby girls beware! You may love this!

I'm too excited about our new product idea to wait any longer to talk about it! A friend from college contacted me to make a dress for his soon-to-be-born daughter. He wanted her first outfit, the one she'll be leaving from the hospital in, to be made by someone he and his wife knew. What a nice sentiment! In response to his request my partner (my wonderful mother-Happy Mother's Day, mom!) and I created 2 hats and 2 dresses. One hat and dress in size 0-3 months and the other dress and hat matching in size 12 months. The idea is that her first outfit will coordinate with a dress for her to wear on her first birthday. As a result of this opportunity we were able to pilot a new hat design (it has a chin strap, is reversible, and a double ruffle) and create 0-3 month clothing. It was a success! I hope his wife agrees. If we make this again it will only be by request/special order. I love the idea, maybe someone else will want to purchase it too...
0-3 Month Hat and Dress

0-3 Month Hat and Dress with Hat Reversed
12 Month Hat and Dress

12 Month Hat and Dress with Hat Reversed

3 comments:

  1. Love it!!! Wish I knew boy or girl so I could request this too! But if it's a girl, I will totally be calling you after delivery to put in an order!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have a boy we'll have some cute rompers and hats for boys so you can get one next summer!

    ReplyDelete